Monday, April 1, 2013

Rising Star and feeling inspired

I am truly sorry that I haven't updated my blog in such a long time! It feels a little like how I feel when I go to write in my journal and realize that months have gone by and I didn't even realize it. I know this might sound strange, but I have a theory that time in New York City moves faster than in other parts of the country. I really do think it's true. I've lived in a few other states and countries, but never has time flown by like it does here. I think it's because everyone is hustling and pretty much all the time- so before you know it, a week has gone by, and then a month, and then a year! Well that's my excuse anyway...and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, happy Spring everyone! Things are starting to pick up again for me in the world of music. Last month, I had the privilege of going out to Utah to play at a Rising Star event. Rising Star is this amazing non-profit organization that helps leprosy colonies in India. They've using my "Grateful" song in one of their videos on YouTube and so they invited me out to play "Grateful" as well as a few others songs at one of their fundraising events. 

I knew about Rising Star, and the work they did, but I had no idea how moved I would be by the experience of playing and singing at this event. I was truly inspired. The thought even crossed my mind as I heard people tell of their stories about going to India, even bringing their entire family over there to live for a few years..."Maybe we should move to India, there's so much good that can be done there too." They even had a live video chat with the children in India and we got to see them and hear them, and they sung us a song, and it was really incredible. I mean, how can you not want to go to India after actually seeing the children and hearing them sing a song...seriously?



I also had Brinn Chipman play her fiddle with me on some songs which was really lovely. She plays in a band called Matteo. It's such beautiful music- you've never heard anything like it, I promise. Give them a listen.

Anyhow, thanks to all who bought my CD at the Rising Star event. All the proceeds went toward the Rising Star fundraiser. It was amazing, I sold almost more CD's at this event then at my CD release show. So thank you to those who supported.

As for future shows, I have one booked in Nashville and some I'm setting up for Utah and Idaho in the Summer...so I'll update those on my website in the next few weeks. I'll also be posting a new song and a video real soon as well. I can hardly wait to share them with you- but they are still in the works, so once they finish, I'll post them for you to enjoy.

Until then, I hope everyone has a great April! Spring is finally here...or almost.

Xo,

Bianca


1 comment:

  1. Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic fans want to hear you too. We need to plan a tour over here too and not to mention El Salvador.

    ReplyDelete